San Diego 6 is seeking a Broadcast IT Engineer. This position will support all News Broadcasts, Post Production, Editing and TOC. The ideal candidate will be proficient in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to train/coach less technical oriented users.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide support for the technical needs of live television productions including post-production and editing facilities.
· Installation and Maintenance of Television Broadcast and Information Technology Equipment.
· PC and Mac hardware and software support on-site installing, servicing and repairing workstations.
· Experience with newsroom automation systems and components a plus.
· Experience with digital video formats and codecs are vital
· Knowledge of microwave, satellite and fiber transmission technologies.
· Must be able to read and update technical drawings and related documentation.
· Perform physical inventory of equipment and maintain asset management
· Enforce Company IT policies /procedures and comply with all SarbanesOxley requirements.
· Participate in special projects as assigned by the Director of Technology.
· Associates degree or higher in IT, electronics or computer related field
· 2-4 years of related broadcast experience
· A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality. Must be able to work well independently and follow projects thru completion.
· Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure.
· Familiarity with Avid and Ross software and hardware products a plus
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
· On-call duty, including nights, weekends and holidays
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to lift computers and equipment generally 50 pounds or less.
Requirements for consideration:
E-mail or mail cover letter & resume to:
Human Resources (Broadcast IT Engineer)
Bay City Television
8253 Ronson Road
San Diego, CA 92111
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please
Background and Drug testing required